2019 Year in Review
In January 2018, a band of talented and passionate adults teamed up to change the way the world views Autism. The Autism News NetWORK was born to create digital content for the masses about Autism—all written, produced, and directed by individuals with Autism! As we now wrap up our second full year, it’s a great time to review the amazing accomplishments of our participants. It’s been a very busy and productive 2019, thanks to the hard work and persistence of our ANN team. Here are just a few of our achievements:
- We launched our website, TheAutismNewsNetWORK.com. Find out what life is like for individuals with Autism. Their talent and unique view of the world shines through!
- We launched our ANN Podcast (Apple, Spotify, SoundCloud) and have now published 6 episodes. Check it out!
- We published the first four issues of the ANN Monthly Newsletter.
- We learned to edit video footage using Final Cut Pro-the same software used by movie and TV studios!
- We created social media accounts for the ANN on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. All of the posts are made by individuals with Autism.
- We covered two Autism Conferences: The 2019 Autism & You conference in Pawley’s Island, SC and the 2019 Annual Meeting for the International Society for Autism Research in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
- We interviewed some of the leading researchers, clinicians and advocates in the world of Autism.
- We also interviewed three South Carolina Stingrays players about their MUSC charity work.
- We completed our Digital Literacy Grant through SC WORKS.
In 2020, we plan to continue challenging our participants to reach new heights! We will be founding the Autism News NetWORK Booster Club to help create paying jobs at the ANN for our hard-working participants. We hope that you will continue to enjoy our content in 2020!
God Bless You,
The Autism News NetWORK team
New Year’s Eve 2019